Veteran singer, African China ,
was recently interviewed by
PUNCH, where he talked about his
life since taking a break from the
music scene.
According to the ‘Mr President’
crooner, while he had the fame, he
made sure to save up for raining
days.
African China said:
By opening a hairdressing salon,
what I have done is invest for a
rainy day. If you check properly,
you would realise that some of
those who began their careers
about the same time I started
mine are now broke. Today, a lot
of them cannot feed themselves
and their dependants.
Before fame beckoned, I used to
work as a barber at a salon and I
am not ashamed to say that. Now
that I am African China, I know
this business idea would generate
income on a daily basis because
people always want to look good.
The salon business is not the only
business I have. I also have a
boutique in Surulere, Lagos. I
have a sound equipment rental
business and I have a record label
that is as old as Kennis Music.
Speasking on collaborations with
the new and young artistes, he
said:
I don’t have anything against
them. I am friends with them and
I am also an elder brother to
them. Recently, I contacted Tekno
for a collaboration but he has
been busy. There was a time I
needed to do a song with Ice
Prince and I tried to reach him.
His manager kept playing hide
and seek with me. As a result, I
lost interest. When Burna Boy was
the rave, I telephoned his mum
who was his manager at that
time. They didn’t revert in spite of
the fact that I telephoned them
several times.
Comments
Post a Comment
click to comment